Sunday, December 2, 2007

The End

This blog is a tribute to my Grandpa. Arthur Lynn Nielson was born Dec. 17, 1919. He left this life while he was sleeping on Dec. 2, 2007. Husband to Margaret Alma Green Nielson, Father to Linda, Mark, Claudia and Dart. He was a great community leader (he was the Mayor of our town before I was born) and he started the business that my Dad now runs.
I grew up with my grandparents right next store. I was at their house more than I was at mine. I loved to sit with them and just be with them. Grandad was always the hard one. Grandma was the soft one. But together they complimented eachother. When Grandma died in 1998, Grandpa took it really hard, but he was still the same old guy. He softened a bit (I think the great grandchildren helped a bit) and I started to get to know him better. Coming home to visit from college led me to go visit with him and there were times when we would just talk about his life, times when he would just tell me about what I should be doing, times when we would just watch TV together and times when we would cry about life, love and all the stuff in-between. I grew to love him more in those times then ever before.
He is my Grandad and I love him. He's not hurting anymore, and I know that he's with Grandma again. I'll miss seeing him when I go visiting Colorado, but I'll be content living in the time now till we will meet again.
I love you Grandpa. God bless!

3 comments:

Anna said...

That was beautiful Jenny. I am sorry for your loss.

jenn said...

jenn...you know that my thoughts are with you. i need to give you some info, well...we really should just chat. thanks for always looking out for me. you are in my prayers. love yoU!

The Pagets in Florida said...

Michael laughed at the picture too.

Laughing Yet?

Laughing Yet?