Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My American Idol Breakdown

Below is only my opinions. Enjoy. Anna thanks for yours!
1. David is so original. He takes risks that pay off, but the thing that really gets me is that he plays his guitar left handed. Most people who are left handed still learn the guitar traditionally, with the right hand. He's given so much thought to his music and I have loved every single one of his performances. Even though this week didn't go as well as his previous weeks, I think the "give back" he wrote on his hand gave it that extra kick that he needed. He's a Rock Start to me already. I secretly have a crush on him....!
**************************************************************************************

2. Jason has a sound that calms me. I would definitely buy one of his CDs for the sound. He's got some mannerisms that have only started to bug, but if I close my eyes, I can drift into a magical world where life is great and peaceful. I know he won't go to the top two, but he is my 2nd most favorite.




**************************************************************************************

3. David is so cute. From the get go he has impressed me. I love his voice. Oh my goodness, he has a great voice. I fear that his youth is getting striped from him because of this competition. I wish he would have at least waited till after he graduated high school till trying out. I think he will go far. He's inspiring in every song he's sung. You can't help feeling for him even when he forgets the words. Just don't grow up to fast.


**************************************************************************************

4. What a voice. When they announced the top 12, my hopes were not high for the women in the competition. I am also scared for Carly, cause she's starting to sing in a way that is easily forgettable. I hope she steps it up a notch and pulls through to at least the top 4, but my hopes are really high for that. She's got some issues with squatting when she sings. I wonder if it really helps her to get the notes out. Who knows. It would make me have to pee like none other.....

*************************************************************************************

5. I think Michael's best performance was in Hollywood week. He's got potential, but I really don't think he's going to win this one. His accent is nice. I'm just not a big fan of his voice. His personality gives him a lot of popularity. I do hope he gets a record deal. If I like his CD, I'll buy it.




**************************************************************************************

6. Brooke is a sweetheart. I agree with Anna on the modesty factor. Although I could wish for longer skirts/dresses in some of her choices. I would choose Brooke as the winner solely on personality cause she is great. She's also so beautiful. How can you go wrong with having her as a friend. As to her singing talent. I'm not a big fan. I feel like she is so timid/scared/shy, that it's holding her back. I'm waiting for her to let go and really sing it. I love her, but I don't think she's going to win.

**************************************************************************************

7. She's beautiful and has a great voice. I don't like her at all. I think her acting experience has given her a slight "fake" quality. I wish she would give her songs more of a heartfelt quality. She's just going through the motions of what she thinks people want. I think that's in her training. Hopefully she can change her singing to become something that shows who she is. Stop putting on a show Syesha and sing like no one is watching.


*************************************************************************************

8. Can America not hear that she's off during at least one part in every song she sings? She should have been one of the first one's kicked off. How did she make it this long. Does she know how to do anything else but tap her foot and hold out her arm when she sings. She's so stiff. Loosen up and get some real voice lessons. She is very pretty and I love the tom-boy aspect about her, but this is proof that this competition is based more on popularity then singing talent. The only thing I thought she sang well was her initial tryout when she sang 'Amazing Grace'. The only song she did well.

**************************************************************************************

I know that was a bit much for me to post my opinions of American Idol two days in a row, but I was inspired by my friend Anna's comments on yesterday's diatribes. If you want a slightly different opinion on this season's top 8 contestants, please check out Anna's comments from my post yesterday.
I'll probably post again tomorrow about who got kicked off, if it isn't Kristy. She really needs to go home.
Happy days. Have a good one!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks Jenny. I've been checking back often to see if you had more comments. I agree with a lot of what you say...

Anna said...

Though I am not sorry to see Michael Johns go tonight, I do think that sometimes they rig the show. It is all just too fishy to me that a boy goes, then a girl goes alternately every week without fail. Don't you think so? This week's results were quite a shock though; he's never been in the bottom 3.

Jenny said...

i was so surprised. I couldn't believe that Kristy wasn't in the bottom three this week. I guess miracles can happen. I'm so mad that Kristy didn't get sent packing. I hope Michael gets a record deal. Maybe the stress of being in a singing competition has made him edgy and now he'll sing even better songs. I'm hope so. I feel for him. I really loved some of the songs he's sang.

Laughing Yet?

Laughing Yet?