Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where do I go from here...

Last week, our landlord emailed me and said he would be raising our rent. Our contract is done in September, and the change won't happen till then, but he gave us the option of moving out before that date, without being a breach in contract.
I thought it would be easier to leave earlier, and it is, but a lot of complications have arisen because of it.
We will be moving out by May 26th. So 5 girls have to find a place to live before then.

I'm trying to decide if I should just move home to Colorado, or stay in Utah. I got two job offers that allow me to travel a lot, so paying rent would be a waste. Moving to Colorado would be the most logical of all choices.

Although there are two main reasons to stay in Utah. 1. I can still be an ordinance worker in the temple. (But I would have to stay in the Timpanogas Temple District to stay there), but I wouldn't be able to do one of the jobs I was offered, and 2. I would still be close to my Grandma.
Staying in Utah would also grant me a larger social life, but it's not like it's really been very big these last couple of months anyways.
Going to Colorado would allow so much freedom. I would be able to live in my Grandpa's old house, so I would have my own place. I would not have to pay rent, but I would probably pay some sort of utility bill. I would be able to come and go as I please and I'd be able to help out my dad with a few of the projects he's started.

So all in all it feels like my choice is made to go to Colorado.

I need to make the decision now. I'll be able to do what I need to do when I make my decision, but it is leaning more towards moving to Colorado.

1 comment:

The Pagets in Florida said...

What is this about jobs? I want more details on that front. Traveling a lot is rough on any lifestyle. Having a home base is nice. May I suggest living in sunny Florida?

Laughing Yet?

Laughing Yet?